Plate Bearing Capacity Apparatus
Plate Bearing Apparatus
Used to determine the bearing capacity of a soil on road construction, foundations, road subgrades and highway pavements.
There is a wide range of equipment available and we manufacture all parts required including datum bars, and the dial gauge holding systems. Also available is a Digital readout system along with transducers.
Usual-sized systems are between 10 ton ( 100kn) up to 75 ton (circa 750kn)
Supplied with wooden carry case
The Plate Bearing Capacity Apparatus is used to determine the bearing capacity of a soil in-situ for road construction, foundations, sub-grades and pavements. There is a wide range of accessories to go with the basic set-up of the Plate Bearing Capacity Apparatus depending on the end-users specific requirements.
The basic kit consists of the following:
- Hydraulic jack, cylinder 150mm travel (100kN, 250kN, 500kN or 750kN) RC Series single acting hydraulic cylinders set the industry standard for general-purpose cylinders. The exclusive Golden Ring design absorbs eccentric loading without galling cylinder parts. Collar threads, plunger threads and base mounting holes enable easy assembly (on most models). Cylinder design for use in all positions. High strength alloy steel for durability and heavy-duty return springs. Nickel plating available on most hydraulic cylinder models. Baked enamel finish for increased corrosion resistance. CR-400 coupler and dust cap included on all models
- Pressure gauge Hydraulic gauges and accessories supply a visual reference for system pressure and force. Gauging hydraulic pressure from 0 to 50,000 psi. Designed for fast, easy installation, hydraulic gauges are ideal for use in many applications, specifically for high cycle and harsh environments.
- Hand pump c/w 3-metre hose (Single speed or 2 speed ( to suit 500kN cylinder) High-pressure hydraulic steel hand pump. Reduced handle effort and ergonomic grip for less operator fatigue. A single-speed operation for fast and easy operation. Vent-free reservoir eliminates spills. Quick grip handle allows for easy transport. Integral reservoir over-pressurization protection. All steel construction, chrome-plated plunger and wiper system for durable, long-lasting performance.
- Plate 300mm dia (300mm, 450mm, 600mm, 760mm or any size on request)
- Datum bar 2.5 metre
- Dial gauge 25mm x 0.01mm ( Digital or Analogue). Sets of 1, 2, 3 or 4
- Dial gauge support assembly (As above)